Sunday, May 21, 2006

Moab...


Well, I decided this might be a good way to share some stuff about my trip. We'll see how it works. So far things have been pretty smooth. Today we got up and ate a Denny's then went to Arches National Park. Awesome place. Drove around looking at the different areas. One interesting tid bit. They filmed part of the opening scenes there for Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade. Pretty obvious once you see it. So now I've seen 2 different places in this region from the movie. The other was in Chama, NM. The connection here is really slow. It's "high speed wireless" but there are alot of people on it. So, the amount of images I can share will be limited.

We did a little light "wheeling" today. Had fun, although I'm already sore from riding in the car, plus, the trails we took were pretty rough. Fun though. The scenery is incredible. They actually let 4x4's just drive through certain areas. I was shocked. We took 2 different trails. One was over 9miles long... took FOREVER. Probably an hour or so. But it was good. Driving where alot of other poeple can't go is alot of fun. I feel a little goofy because I'd say my Xterra is probably the smallest one here. Feel a bit dwarfed by the mega trucks. But, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Start the "real" stuff then.
Well, I'll hopefully be able to do this every night. Should have time to. We don't have tons of stuff planned. The town is nice. The main street is a nice modern up-to-date downtown touristy area. It's neat. Bought a hat and some cheap sunglasses. They help ALOT. Can't find my Old Navy hat... it's the only other hat I have. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and feel free to share this page with anyone you think would be interested. And feel free to e-mail me. jonathan@frontlet.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home