Monday, May 22, 2006

So close... yet so far...

So, let's all think together... What's something else one should check before going on a trip? What's something you should definitely get checked especially before going offroading? What did I forget to check? My brakes... Everything was going well. We were on a very long and pretty challenging trail (at least for me). Went down quite a few big drop offs and up some big ledges. Made everything I tried. We were less than a mile from the end of the trail when I noticed my Xterra wasn't sounding right. It had a vibrating feeling and was creaking a bit. First I thought it was just sand in the brakes or something. But I finally got out and we got to looking and long story short, found that I had worn my front passenger side brake pad down to nothing... yeah... Luckily I wheel with guys that can fix just about anything or at least get you off the trails. So, running with 3 brakes right now. We're having a Nissan Repair Clinic tonight... great timing... Will talk to some guys tonight on what all I need to do. At least this happend before I went on Lions Back... might not have been the best thing in the world... Have a feeling I may not be doing it at all now.

On a lighter note. I thought it was going to pour on us when we were at a high point on the mountain but it just dripped a little bit. Nothing bad. The rest of the run was great. Saw more incredible scenery and got to drive some fun trails. This is a picture well before my brake problems. I know some other guys got some great action shots of me that I'll be getting later.
Finally, here is my cabin. At least at outside shot. Will take inside shots later. Have to go to the repair clinic soon... The winds are starting to get pretty crazy here. The inside of my Xterra will need alot of cleaning once I get back... there is a fine, and in other places THICK layer of sand all over the dash and everywhere else...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home