Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back in the Pizza Parlor... but...

MY BRAKES WORK! Dropped it off last night so that I could ride with a guy from California on a trail today. Got back in time to pick it up. Seems to be working just fine. Ran it through a drive-thru wash to get all the dust and sand off. Suprisingly clean for $6. It was one just like LaserWash. Anyway, Tonight was a raffle. They were raffling off some really nice things. Tools, a winch, gift certificates, XM Radios, and a few other things. I wasn't going to buy any of the tickets but at the last minute figured, what the heck, and bought 3. $10 bucks a piece. Aaaand actually ended up winning something. Won a gas/water can carrier that you can mount either on the roof or if you have a tire-carrier bumper or even inside. Just the carrier, no can. Costs $100... soooo, not too bad in my opinion...

Well, afraid I can't post any pictures sense I'm not on my computer. Pretty frusterating. But oh well. Definitely has been nice having the 2GB memory stick. Plenty of room for taking pictures at 5MP. I've taken quite a few and will have quite a time sorting through them. Took a good bit of video but didn't really get as much as I thought I would... of course, I did miss a couple of days of wheeling. My in car video mount didn't work as well as I thought it would. Bounced around alot more than I expected. So, people may get a little sea sick watching the footage. Will try to edit something out of it. Oh, and I should have clarified, Mike, the river in the pictures below is the Colorado River. The Green River and Colorado River meet in one of the canyon areas around here and the Colorado continues.

I believe that I'll be leaving in the morning. There are some guys from Lubbock who are heading out pretty early and heading to Albuquerque where they have some family. They've offered for me to stay with them, but we'll see. I may just see how I feel at that point because they're talking about leaving around 6am and it's around 6hrs to Albuquerque. So, may try to make it a bit farther so I don't have to drive so much in one day. Find an inexpensive hotel along the way. But like I said, we'll see. The guys from Houston are probably leaving after tomorrows run, but... I just don't really feel like chancing breaking something at this point. I've already spent a bit just fixing the stupid brake issue and don't want to spend more time and money to fix something that would probably be more expensive. Plus, I'm just ready to head back to Nac. I've really really enjoyed this trip and would like to think that I could do more to my truck and come back in a year or 2 and do alot more and enjoy it even more and maybe even bring somebody with me. But, time will tell. This will most likely be my last post from Moab. I plan to be back sometime Saturday with tons of pictures, so, once I'm back with a faster connection I can add alot more to this. Of course it may just be easier to tell yall in person. But for the people not in Nac, I will do my best to summarize the trip well through this page. Again, thank you all for your prayers and e-mails, etc. Please continue to pray that nothing brakes on the way home and I can get home smoothly and safely... See yall soon!

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home